Cross-realm raid farming… Team Tumblr, are you ready?
With the next patch, scheduled to roll out tomorrow, you can now form groups cross-realm to raid old content [MC through ICC]. I have trouble consistently filling raids with *competent* players via pugging on my own server and thought maybe with this new feature, the players of Tumblr could band together and we could form our own regular raid group.
I am looking for people who are also interested in farming old content that is difficult to pug sometimes. You do not need to have raided this content at level, you just need to have basic knowledge of fight mechanics and I expect you to know how to play your class well enough to function in a 25m raiding environment. I do not care how much DPS, HPS, or TPS you can pull. All I care about is that you do not stand in fire or void zones or chain ice-block the raid and kill everyone.
I intend to run both 10 and 25m groups to get ALL the meta achievements done and farm mounts for everyone who participates in my groups. If you are the sort of person who stops coming once you win your mount/gear/whatever, please do not sign up. On raids like OS3D where the mount is a GUARANTEED drop, I want you to keep showing up even after you’ve won the prize to help get the mount for those who helped you get yours.
Not all of these achievements—particularly the later wrath ones—can just be muscled through with Dragon Soul geared players. You will need to actually make an effort and do fight mechanics. I am not looking to carry anyone. Anyone is welcome to come on a level appropriate character [level 60s can come to Molten Core, level 70s are welcome in Sunwell, 80s in ICC, etc] but if you’re coming on a lowbie/twink, you MUST do work or you will be removed from the group and not invited back.
Note: I’m aware classic and BC content can be soloed, but it’s way faster, easier, and more fun to do in a group. Plus, I get a full set of Paladin T1 every time I run MC. I’m not a Paladin. Maybe your Paladin might want that gear.
Raid content I am interested in farming [and why]:
- Molten Core — Thunderfury bindings, Rep
- AQ — Rep
- Tempest Keep — Ashes mount, transmog gear
- Black Temple — Transmog gear, Warglaives
- Sunwell Plateau — Thoridal
- Naxx 10/25 — Achievements, transmog gear
- Ulduar 10/25 — Achievements, transmog gear, Mimiron heads
- Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 — Achievement/title, drake mounts
- Onyxia 10/25 — Achievements/title, drake mounts
- Eye of Eternity 10/25 — Drake mounts
- TOC/TOGC 10/12 — Achievements, transmog gear
- Icecrown Citadel 10/25 — Achievements, transmog gear, Shadowmourne, Invincible
- Ruby Sanctum HEROIC — Achievement
- T11 and T12, if possible [not sure how this group system works as of yet] — Achievements, mounts, gear, reputation, etc.
wtb tank advice
My DK hit 80 last night and I’m powering through cata content to 85 ASAP. Gonna be running dungeons as soon as I finish questing in Hyjal and have the ilvl to do random queues.
What reps should I be grinding?
Any quest rewards I need to grab? What about specific bosses in dungeons I need to look for loot from?
I have heirloom helm and back and will be wearing those to 85. My professions are mining and blacksmithing, should I be crafting myself anything to level with?
I am main spec Blood and fumble through Frost… should I be questing as Frost?