flamelegion replied to your post: flamelegion replied to your post: Hey Zan, I think…The difference is you’re talking PvE while we’re talking PvP. When it got to the point where i couldn’t Explosive Shot i would have to switch to viper, or viper sting the poor mage. That’s why aspects on GCD is shitting on pvp hunters, it takes away their ability to kite melee. Like fire mages who can kite while attacking.
I will give it to you that PvP hunters are affected by this more than PvE hunters and my arguments are primarily geared towards why this is zero problem in PvE because I blog about raiding as a hunter and only touch on PvP occasionally semicolon however comma the statement that having Aspect of the Fox on the GCD takes away our ability to kite melee is beyond absurd. Here’s a list of ways to kite melee without swapping aspects once:
- spec in to entrapment and drop snake/ice traps. after 5.0, use binding shot.
- wing clip disengage macro. after 5.0, spec in to narrow escape and disengage for even better results.
- concussive shot — instant cast, uses 0 focus, 5 sec CD, 6 sec duration.
- master’s call.
- crouching tiger, hidden chimera reduces the CD of disengage by 10 sec.
- posthaste removes all movement impairing effects from you and gives you an 8 sec speed boost to get away.
- spider web.
- crab pinch.
- dog lock jaw.
- devilsaur bite.
- bat stun.
- monkey blind.
- bird/scorpid disarm. he can’t do much without a weapon, now can he?
- crocolisk/warp stalker movement reduction.
- one of these is on CD? you don’t have minimum range anymore. tank the melee like a champ for a few seconds and then get away when one of your ten million cooldowns comes up. you have aspect of the ironhawk now. it won’t hurt that much.
The only people who really could argue they needed these macros are hunters who arena and tbh most of you are not pushing glad with or without the macro. Hunter PvP skillcap is insanely high and having the ability to macro aspects is one less thing to worry about, yes, but I’m not seeing the top PvP hunters screaming about how broken hunter PvP is now… Braindeadly has made several beta PvP videos and they all focus on how amazing BM PvP is on the beta. I’d be interested to see what he or Zumio have to say on the aspect change. But honestly. This isn’t game breaking.
Does it suck? Sure. But you know what else sucked? Not having an infinite mana pool anymore and having to learn how to use focus. But we all managed to do that. I think we will survive this minor change in patch 5.0.4.
If you’re telling me you absolutely cannot kite melee without this macro, then I’m sorry, but you do not know how to play your class. We have an insane toolbox. It’s literally not possible that this change has broken hunter PvP to the point where our class is unplayable. We joke a lot that GC and the devs hate hunters, but this isn’t some malicious nerf to hunter PvP to ruin our lives. People were using the ability incorrectly, it’s not how the game was designed, and this is the way they found to force people to make a choice about what aspect they’re sitting in.
If you want to be mad, blame the bad, lazy hunters who ruined this for you.
- Entrapment is no longer available to non-Survival hunters. Furthermore, Snake Trap was and still is a pain in the ass because the snakes might have entrapped your target, but they then dotted them and damaged them, preventing any CC that breaks on damage. Binding Shot is a decent enough replacement, but the lack of entrapment basically makes MM and SV stupid to take now.
- You’re only to take Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera in competitive PvP because DAT ONE MINUTE DETERRENCE CD REDUCTION. Maybe you can afford to take Narrow Escape in random BGs or RBGs (lol RBG heroes), but the CD reductions on CT,HC are too good to pass up in Arena play.
- Concussive Shot can only be applied to one target at the time. Furthermore, classed like Unh DKs can only be slowed to a certain percent and Druids can shift out of Conc faster than you can re-apply it. Freedom is the bane of the hunter, but alas can be Tranq’d and then have the slow re-applied. The old remedy to the Conc CD was really that Chimera Shot slowed your targets as well, but haha, Marksmanship
- Master’s Call isn’t a speed increase, it’s a freedom. You’re going to want to save it for when you desperately need to escape another slow-based class or when you’re peeling a teammate.
- Already discussed CT,HC.
- Again, you might end up using Posthaste in BGs, but HOLY GUACAMOLE CROUCHING TIGER.
- You don’t use spiders.
- You don’t use crabs.
- Why the fuck are you using a dog pet?
- This is the only pet you use as BM, basically.
- Lol bat.
- Why would you waste a blind on that instead of on a CC chain?
- The bird disarm CD is generally considered far too long to justify using it over a different pet. Also, LOL FROST DKS.
- Why thefuckare you using a crocolisk?
- IF YOU WASTE YOUR TRINKET ON A SLOW IN MORE THAN THE WHOLE 2 SITUATIONS THAT *MIGHT* WARRANT IT, YOU LITERALLY DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR MMR RESET AND THEN BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM COMPETITIVE PLAY. OR JUST PVP IN GENERAL. IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THE GURUBASHI ARENA YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN.
- I’ve discussed this before: the hunter’s Damage Mitigation in PvP IS TO DIE. We cannot “tank” melee- even with the high health pools we had thanks to talents like Hunter vs. Wild, we cannot take a melee hitting us for more than a few seconds. That’s why we are so kiting-based: if they catch up to us, all that fancy chainmail literally just uncoils itself, falls from our bodies in a puddle of fear, and leaves our bodies defenseless so the nearest warrior can punch all of our blood out.
- On the other hand, we have mages, who have armor, do insane damage, can kite and CC twice what we can with half the effort and, yes, cast while moving as fire. It might not be painful in PvE, but in PvP mages have insane mobility, insane CC, insane damage. But it’s the hunter that is the problem class that needs hitting with the nerfbat.
- In fact, Warlocks in MoP can now cast while moving as well, further killing Ghostcrawler’s whole “MOVEMENT SHOULD BE TERRIBLE” ideology.
And on the Braindeadly deal, he’s talked about how it’s made a difficult class more difficult (and for other hunters, it’s another fucking keybind in a class absolutely made of keybinds; as far as I know, the only class that requires more control keybinds is an Unholy DK).
The only people who really could argue they needed these macros are hunters who arena and tbh most of you are not pushing glad with or without the macro.
Zanbon, I love you, I do, but that’s possibilty the shittiest point ever. The fact that I’m not Gladiator MOTHAFUCKIN’ GARHEISHA JENKINS doesn’t change the fact that they made a difficult PvP class more difficult with the justification of “we don’t think being viable is fun.” I won’t likely ever go Glad unless I find the best carry ever, correct. On a good day I maybe play at a level around the 1750 bracket if I actually applied myself and stopped changing arena teams.
However, that doesn’t mean it’s not broken. That doesn’t mean it severely hurts PvP hunters, who already kind of hurt in competitive play because you have to be made of macros and keybinds to be viable and I don’t even think they make a keyboard large enough to hold all the keybinds you need.
People were using the ability “incorrectly” because Blizzard designed it poorly. The playerbase compensated for a bad mechanic via macros (which is sort of the story of the Hunter/Unholy DK). Blizzard got upset because people were compensating for their shortcomings again.
It’s true that BM hunters are pulling satisfying numbers in PvP. However, the Aspect nerf is still stupid painful on an already painful class. Combined with the super-kawaii-desu damage the hunter isn’t doing in PvE, I guess it’s just time to re-roll a warlock in MoP and flaunt my Damage Reduction/Aura Mastery CDs.
- lol, i love you.
- you made a lot of really good points here, so i’m reblogging you instead of sending you an ask to comment on this.
- you got me on the braindeadly thing, i edited that out when i double-checked and noticed i’d missed that. checked zumio’s youtube and saw he had a video about it and i was like alright, they did say stuff about this, how did i miss that? idk. but i did. and i was wrong about that.
- like i said, i never claimed to be good at pvp. i know enough about pvp to not die when BGing and i can 1v1 people with varied success. i’ve had a lot more fun PvPing on my priest, paladin, dk, and rogue, so i don’t do a whole lot of serious PvP on my hunter. mostly because of the high skill cap for hunters and i can get higher ratings with less work on easier classes.
- but seriously, you made some really good points. /clap :)
ugh zanbon that transmog
whats wrong with my transmog :(
honey, you’re a fish. a sexy fish because draenei,but a fish. whenever you go down into vashj you’re like a sexy fish gasping for sexy air wearing a suit made of dead murloc to try and convince the murlocs to take you in as one of theirs
once you’ve been accepted into their family you’ll proceed to be dicked by millions of fishcocks (do they even have dicks i don’t know darknest thinks they do) and will produce a clutch of disgusting, half-murloc, half-draenei offspring. your brood will wash over your enemies as a tide of death and will take stormwind, murdering important lore characters such as varian wrynn and topper mcnabb in the process. the alliance will be unmade and reborn in their disgusting goat-fish image. chaos and anarchy will reign supreme and the alliance will crumble over the fishy stench, driven mad by their confusion as to if the smell is rancid fish or just bad vagina
anyways i’m not sure what my point here was but that tier is gross in every colour and you should feel bad for not transmogging into slut mail
deal with it.
i feel obligated because not only did kinii tag me, but he sent me an ask saying i was tagged
1. If you could be any height, what would it be?
idk, i guess 2 inches shorter cuz that seems to be about how much length is always missing from my pants unless i go find the special “tall” pants.
2. Would you rather be able to talk to all birds, or all fish?
worst super power ever. i guess birds? cuz i could tell them to go away. birds are fucking creepy.
3. What historical figure would you most want to visit?
this question is too hard. andrew jackson, george washington, shakespeare, tesla, van gogh, davinci… too many awesome people have lived.
4. What is something you’ve always wanted to do with your hair but never have? (and if you have done it, post pictures)
i kind of want to get a perm so my hair will always be wavy/curly cuz i like curly hair but apparently perms are lame now so i’ll never be able to get one :(
5. Favorite book you ever read?
1984 and The Life of Pi
6. What was the last movie you cried during and why?
UP because there are too many emotions and i couldn’t hold them all in
7. Cake or pie?
cheesecake. it’s the best of both worlds.
8. If you were a starter pokemon, would you be grass, water, or fire type and why?
fire cuz i always pick charmander
9. Do you believe in alien life?
yes, it’s pretty foolish to believe we’re the only living thing in the entire galaxy, don’t you think?
10. What sport/activity did you enjoy as a child?
i played soccer and softball until i was 14 and then my mom made me quit because she didn’t think i’d have time for it anymore q_q
11. What is your perfect date?
april 25th because it’s not too hot and not too cold
Dammit, every time I scroll through Tumblr I keep mixing up Zanbon’s and Kiango’s posts, all I see are Draenei in the icons.
I keep thinking they’re the same person >.<
primary differences between kiango and zanbon:
- she’s a shaman. i’m a hunter.
- she’s obsessed with that show about the guy with a blue arrow on his head. i don’t even know what that show is.
- she draws a lot of pictures of trolls. i don’t draw any pictures of stuff in wow.
- she’s in high school. i’m “too old for this shit.”
- different horns.
- different hair.
- her pic was taken at night. mine is wearing goggles.
wow survey thing
had this sitting in my drafts unfinished, so i decided to finish filling it out and post since i got so many new followers last night
Zanbon. No, really.
I have a college degree but I’m not yet 30. That should narrow it down for you.
How long have you been playing WoW?
I rolled Zanbon the day after Christmas in 2008. Sup, I’m a Wrath baby.
What race/class/level is your character?
- 85 Draenei Hunter (main)
- 85 Human Priest (Disc/Shadow)
- 85 Human Death Knight (Blood/Blood PvP)
- 85 Human Rogue (Sub/Combat)
- 80 Human Paladin (Prot/Holy)
- 67 Troll Hunter (MM/MM PvP))
- 47 Dwarf Hunter (MM/MM PvP)
- 28 Night Elf Druid (Feral DPS)
- a few assorted lowbies and sub 20 twinks
What’s the name of your guild?
Turbo Cyborg Ninjas
What’s your character’s name and where did you come up with the name?
My main, Zanbon, is named after a guy one of my managers at Best Buy met when he worked at a store that sold pianos. The guy came in and asked a bunch of really specific questions about the store’s return policy and when my manager said “I don’t think you are ready to buy this piano”, then man said “oh, no, I definitely want to buy it, I just want to know how long I can use it before I can’t get a refund anymore!” My manager asked “what did you say your name was again?” and the man replied “Zanbon!” to which my manager exclaimed, “you ARE a Zanbon!”
It became an inside joke with everyone at the store and I when I rolled my first toon I didn’t know what to call her and that name popped into my head, and so Zanbon was born! People always seem kind of disappointed to find out the origin of my name (sorry it’s not an amazing epic storu!), but I think it’s kind of funny that I named my main after a stupid guy who tried to steal a piano.
Which realm do you play in?
What is your talent specialization? (MS/OS)
Do you have any pets/mounts/companions?
I collect rare hunter pets, specifically pets with vanity buffs. I’ve got the oil-stained wolf, the ghost vulture, the burning boar, had the fire-raptor till they hotfixed it, etc. The only rare spawns I have, in order of tame, are: Arcturis, Terrorpene, Loque, Skoll, and Skarr. I believe I have nearly 25 hunter pets at this point… probably should abandon some of the less interesting ones I don’t use to make room for possible new pets. Most of them are named after/by friends because people have asked me to name my pets after them. I generally don’t care what my pet’s names are, so I often am thankful to have a name to give my pet! Feel free to suggest pet names to me, I have several pets without names.
I do a half-ass job at collecting mounts. I don’t have any rare drops outside of the Swift White Hawkstrider, which is my favorite land mount. Black War Talbuk is a close second, though because it looks cool and was a fair amount of work to get. I have 104 mounts. I think the one I am most proud of is my Tier 11 meta drake because that meta is still one of the hardest ones to get due to the fact that T11 didn’t get nerfed, people can’t seem to kill 2 of the bosses needed for the meta, and so many people have given up on it. Heroic Ragnaros isn’t hard and Heroic Madness is slowly becoming puggable… You’re not gonna pug Heroic Council till T14 at the earliest.
I sort of collect companion pets. I have all the easy ones to get and most of the rare ones I have were given to me as gifts by my then-boyfriend. I’ve found a handful of rares on my own, but I don’t really make an effort to get them. I bought the Hippogryph Hatchling to support the relief efforts in Japan. I have 119 companions.
Which professions do you know?
Originally leveled as LW/Skinning, then dropped Skinning for a raiding profession of Engineering.
I have alts with max level Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Mining, Tailoring, as well as a second max level Engineer with the other Engineering specialization ^_^.
Do you PvP?
Yes, oh my god, yes. I love to PvP, especially on my Rogue. Hunter PvP is fun but I generally only like to BG with her, as hunter arenas are insanely difficult to play beyond 1500. At least for me it is. :(
Will you help me with quests/dungeons if I find you in-game?
Probably! (But only if I’m not busy!!)
I really like to help people, hence this blog ;D Feel free to send me an ask with a question or a request for a guide or video. I’m always looking for new ideas of stuff to write, especially since the expansion is over and there’s not much new stuff to talk about anymore outside of the beta.